In this week’s blotter: A pair of arrests, a puppy scam, and playing with guns in the backyard.
- On January 5, 39 year old Gregory Peters of Hopkinton was arrested on charges of:
- Driving with a Suspended License for a previous OUI
- On January 8, 26 year old Leonardo Lacerda of Westborough was arrested on charges of:
- Unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle
- OUI – Liquor over .08%
- Alcohol in vehicle, possession of an open container
January 3, 2023
- Officer Casey discovered a pile of brush in the breakdown lane of South Street. DPW was notified.
- A caller reported a snapped telephone pole with several braces on it has continued to crack. Officer Ekross responded and confirmed the pole is in bad shape. Verizon was notified.
- Officers responded to a complaint from the Ashland town line of a white Durango driving erratically. The operator drove down Ash Street and pulled into a driveway on Hearthstone for their final stop.
- Officers responded to a single car crash vs. a pole. The driver was bleeding from the head. His roommate picked up the dogs in the car and the driver was arrested for OUI. No details of the arrest were provided.
January 4, 2023
- Officer McNeil assisted a stuck delivery driver on Whisper Way.
- A walk-in reported receiving someone else’s mail with her name on it.
- An Ash Street resident reported vandalism in a playground area.
- Officers Normandin and O’Neil assisted a disabled motorist on Cedar Street.
- Officers responded to a call from a bartender on Lumber Street who reported an intoxicated person had just left in their vehicle. The area was checked with a negative find.
January 5, 2023
- On Downey Street, Officers pulled over and arrested a man for driving with a suspended license.
- Officer McKeon responded to an accident on Main Street. No injuries were reported.
- A caller reported gift card fraud. A report was taken.
- Officers contacted Eversource about downed wires on Piazza Lane.
- A Parkwood Drive caller reported fraud.
- A Maple Street resident reported multiple dog attacks in the previous 24 hours. It appears that an electric fence is not working. Animal Control was advised.
January 6, 2023
- Officer Grimley checked on a stopped vehicle on Hayden Rowe. The party was moved along.
- Parking violations were issued on Church Street.
- Officer Normandin assisted a caller who claimed her business was the victim of a cyberattack.
- A walk-in reported she was the victim of an online puppy scam. A report was filed.
- A 911 caller reported hearing an explosion and a cloud of smoke on Oakhurst Road. Multiple officers responded and reported a homeowner firing a firearm in his backyard.
- A caller reported their manager had stolen money.
- Milford PD reported an erratic operator. The vehicle was gone on arrival.
January 7, 2023
- Officer Schofield checked on two teenage male parties walking on Downey Street. They were all set.
- A Granite Street caller reported Boy Scouts picking up Christmas trees in the back of a U-Haul. The caller was concerned for their safety because the operator appeared to be driving fast. Officer McNeil spoke with the driver.
- A caller reported that he is parked at Starbucks and another vehicle parked so close to him that their vehicles are touching.
January 8, 2023
- Officers discovered two male parties standing outside of their vehicle on West Main Street. A Westborough man was arrested for unlicensed operation of a vehicle, OUI, and an open container.
- Multiple officers responded to a two-car accident on Wood Street. Airbags we deployed, and no injuries were reported.
- Officer Ekross assisted with a 2-car accident on West Main Street. No injuries were reported.