An ominous start to the New Year for one Upton resident. Otherwise it was a relatively quiet week for the Hopkinton PD.
- On January 1, 61 year old George Cyr, Jr. of Upton was arrested on charges of:
- Equipment Violation
- Number Plate Violation
- OUI – Liquor over .08%
December 27, 2022
- Officer Alexander performed a vehicle check on Main Street. The party will be on their way.
- Officer Saletnik assisted the fire department with an alarm activation on Overlook Road.
- A walk-in reported a case of fraud.
- A West Main Street caller reported kids playing on the ice. Officer Staback responded and spoke with the children. All was well.
- Officers responded to a two car accident on Cedar Street. No injury was reported.
December 28, 2022
- Officer Alexander responded to a 911 caller reporting an accident with a deer on South Street. No injury was reported.
- A Main Street caller reported illegal dumping. Officer Alexander was able to get a name from the trash.
December 29, 2022
- Multiple overnight parking ban violations were issued.
- Officer Beloin responded to a report of a tree on wires on Cedar street. Eversource was notified.
- Officer Stanley assisted a caller who wanted to report someone was watching her accounts. This is a frequent caller, and she wanted it logged.
- Officer LaTour helped a caller who reported a strange encounter with a delivery driver.
- A caller reported a dig running in the road on Main Street. Animal Control was notified.
- A walk-in reported that he is being scammed by a contractor.
- Multiple officers responded to a call from an assistant principal who reported a student received threats.
December 30, 2022
- Officer Grimley checked Center School. Lights had been left on and the building was secure.
- A walk-in reported fireworks she had found.
- Officer LaTour responded to a two car accident on South Street. No injuries were reported.
- A North Street caller reported two men hunting. Officer Beloin responded and spoke with one of the parties who was locked out of his vehicle. He was waiting on his girlfriend with the keys and declined police assistance.
- Officer Santoro responded to a two car accident on West Main Street. No injuries.
- A Sterling Drive caller reported a man walking in camouflage entered her property through her driveway and walked into the woods. The man was not given permission to hunt on her property. Officers spoke with the homeowner and checked the area with a negative find.
- A Winter Street caller reported an illegal burn. Officers assisted the fire department, who reported a small cooking fire that was within regulations.
- Multiple officers responded to a suspicious activity call on Saddle Hill Road. The caller reported a young white male in a black hoody approaching his residence, along with an older man in a dark truck. The suspects were gone on arrival.
- Officers responded to assist a sixth grader who claimed to be bullied by several students. The students involved reported to the principal that the claim is false.
December 31, 2022
- A Sanctuary Lane caller reported a group of kids walking around. The area was checked and they were gone on arrival.
- A Greenwood Road caller reported a bike on the side of the road. Officer Grimley moved the bike out of the roadway.
- Officer Beloin assisted a Summit Way caller who reported suspicious activity in the neighborhood. The caller was informed a soliciter was making the rounds.
- Officer McNeil assisted with a disabled vehicle on I-495. The tow truck was on the scene.
- A caller reported she went to AllTown to get gas and drove home realizing she had left her wallet. She returned and the wallet was not at the pump. She asked to see the cameras and was denied. She said she had no cash but there was other personal info in the wallet.
- An Edge Hill Road caller reported someone banged on his door, but when he answered there was no one there. Officers spoke with the reporting party; no one was found on arrival.
January 1, 2023
- A West Main Street caller reported a crack in a nearby telephone pole. Verizon was notified.
- Officers responded to a Church Street caller who reported hearing a girl scream for help. The area was checked with a negative find.
- Officers affected an OUI arrest on DiCarlo Road.
January 2, 2023
- A Granite Street caller reported a large pothole in the road. DPW was notified.
- Officers checked on a group of kids on Ash Street. They’re moving along.