One arrest this week. Thankfully the driver was uninjured.
- On December 22, 63 year old David Curry of Hopkinton was arrested on charges of:
- Marked Lanes Violation
- OUI – Liquor over .08%
December 19, 2022
- A 911 caller reported a bus that was stuck on the ice. DPW was notified and officers assisted.
- A caller reported an owl near the roadway. Animal Control was notified.
- Officer Normandin assisted with the continuing civil dispute in Pinecrest Village. This time the tenant moved the outside camera so the owner can’t see who is coming and going.
December 20, 2022
- Sergeant Brennan was called to a water main leak on Main Street. The Water Department was contacted.
- A Hayden Rowe resident called to report someone had hit her mailbox.
- A Lumber Street caller reported a missing wallet and documents in a black laptop case.
- A Chestnut Street caller reported nails in the roadway. DPW will assist.
- Officer McKeon responded to a two-car accident on Wood Street. No injuries were reported.
- Officer Normandin assisted with a fraud case from a Cedar Street caller who reported that a contractor working for Eversource threatened to shut off her power unless she paid her bill. Eversource was contacted.
- Officer Normandin assisted with a caller who wanted to speak with an officer about someone harassing them. The caller was advised.
- Officer Ekross assisted HFD with a Weybridge Lane resident that was locked out of their house.
- Officer Normandin spoke with a caller on Highcroft Way who reported being scammed.
- A Pinecrest Village caller reported an unidentified male party knocking on his door and asking random questions. Officers responded.
December 21, 2022
- A Davis Road caller reported hearing loud banging outside her door. Officers responded and checked the area with a negative find.
- Officer Normandin discovered a 2-car accident on West Main Street. No injuries were reported.
- Officers were called to Spring Street, where a deer was found dead on a callers fence. The deer was dispatched. Some damage to the fence was reported.
- A Connelly Hill Road resident called 911 to report her dog missing.
- A Hayden Rowe resident reported her kitten was stuck in a vent. Officer Alexander assisted the fire department.
- Officer Normandin assisted with a disabled motor vehicle on Spring Street.
- A walk-in reported an erratic operator who was “all over the road and is now parked behind CVS”. The driver was spoken with an no impairment was detected.
- A homeowner reported that a black hatchback had pulled into his driveway and set off the garage motion sensor lights, but then turned around and left. The caller stated his driveway is very long so this is concerning. The area was checked and the vehicle was gone on arrival.
December 22, 2022
- Officer Burchard checked on a parked vehicle on Hayden Rowe. It was a friend visiting; the party will be on her way.
- Officer McNeil assisted with a flat tire on Oliver Lane.
- Officer Normandin assisted with the continuing civil dispute in Pinecrest Village.
- A caller wanted to report a dispute he’s having with his former employer over equipment he is trying to return.
- Officers reported a report of a Cedar Street driver who was all over the road. The driver was spoken with and all is OK.
- A 911 caller reported a one-car accident with no injuries. The air bag had deployed and the fire department joined at the scene. The driver was arrested for OUI.
December 23, 2022
- Officer Grimley issued a parking violation on Eastview Road.
- A caller reported a tree down on Saddle Hill Road. The roadway was blocked with trees and power lines down. Eversource was contacted and cones were placed on the road.
- Officers removed a down tree on School Street.
- Officer Grimley removed parts of trees down on Chestnut, Ash, and Cedar Streets.
- Officer McNeil assisted with tree cleanup on Ash Street.
- Officer Normandin assisted with a caller who reported a civil dispute between himself and his former employer.
- Officer Alexander responded to a call of a downed tree on College Street. DPW was notified.
- A Williams Way caller reported a street sign had come down. DPW was dispatched for repair.
- A West Main Street caller reported that someone had taken his dog and put it up for adoption. The party was contacted and the dog will be returned.
- Multiple callers reported downed telephone lines. Verizon was contacted.
- An East Main Street caller reported a concern of walking on the sidewalk during the rainstorm. The caller was advised.
- A caller reported his mother was scammed. A report was taken.
- A Nicholas road caller reported that he was receiving threats.
- A West Main Street caller reported that a large tree limb came down and damaged her vehicle. DPW was dispatched to remove the debris.
- Officer Normandin assisted the fire department with multiple calls of a transformer on fire. on Exchange Street.
December 24, 2022
- A Valleywood Road caller reported a dead owl outside her driveway. Animal Control was notified.
- A passerby flagged down Officer McKeon to report a possible erratic operator. The operator was home upon arrival and all was set.
- Officer McKeon assisted a caller who want to report her dog had been attacked. A report was taken.
December 25, 2022
- A West Elm Street caller reported her broken down vehicle in a church parking lot. The vehicle will be towed tomorrow.
- Multiple officers responded to a suspicious activity call. The reporter saw unidentified people on her camera. It turned out to be people that maintain the property.
- Officer Davis assisted a caller with a report of a second floor dog that is threatening. Animal Control was notified.
- Officers assisted the fire department with a Lumber Street call of smoke coming from a chimney and a strange odor.
- A Forest Lane caller reported a woman came to her door asking for directions and she seemed strange. Officer O’Neil checked the area with a negative find.
- A Pinecrest Village caller reported that his car was being towed illegally. The tow company had been paid by the owner to not tow his car.