As part of their Hope for Heroes campaign, Imperial Cars, which is headquartered in Mendon, is collecting items for homeless veterans and veterans in need. The drive runs from November 1 – November 11.
Thanks To Yanks is a non-political 501(c)(3) organization whose mission is to support military members, veterans, and their families. Homeless veterans face a complex array of challenges that contribute to their plight. One major issue is mental health, with many veterans suffering from PTSD, depression, and other disorders stemming from their military service. This is often compounded by a lack of access to adequate mental health care. Additionally, physical disabilities and injuries can impede their ability to work, further exacerbating their financial instability.
Imperial has prepared a list of items that veterans need most.
- New bedding – twin blankets and sheets.
- New towels
- Gift cards – no more than $10.00. CVS, Target, Walgreens, Walmart, Stop and Shop.
- Non-perishable food items
- Hygiene items – Deodorant, shampoo, conditioner, body wash, toothbrushes, toothpaste, razors, feminine hygiene products, shaving cream. No mouthwash with alcohol, please.
- New winter hats
- New men’s underwear – Large and XL.
- New men’s & women’s gloves – Large and XL.
- New white tube socks
- New sweatshirts & sweatpants
The drop-off location is Imperial Toyota in Milford, which is located at 300 Fortune Blvd. For more information on this important campaign or Thanks to Yanks, please contact founder Mike Shain at (508) 330-8487 or firstname.lastname@example.org.