Several motor vehicle accidents, and a small dog perishes after a coyote attack.
August 29, 2023
- Caller reports a baby deer appeared to have been hit by a car on Hayden Rowe. Officer Saletnik responded and removed the deer from the middle of the road. Animal control was notified.
- A man called 911 to report that someone vandalized his mailbox. After, he called back to inform that someone left a note in his mailbox that they had hit it and will get in contact with them to fix it.
- A woman calls to inform that she hired a moving company to move her belongings and things had gone missing. Her file cabinet was also damaged.
- A neighbor reported a white German Shepard was loose. The owner came home just as they were out looking for the dog.
- A caller requested assistance on what to do with an injured skunk in the parking lot. They left a message with animal control.
- Officers McNeil, Normandin, and Walker respond to a woman declaring a forced entry into her house.
August 30, 2023
- A crash occurred on Colonnade Drive. The vehicle was upside down in the road way, but no injuries were reported. The tow truck was on the scene.
- 911 caller reports a vehicle traveling high speed through Legacy Farms.
- Officer Grimley came across a two car accident on DJ Murphy Lane. One driver received a bump on the head, however there were no other injuries.
August 31, 2023
- Woman reports a vehicle took out her retaining wall. No one was injured.
- Officer Staback took a report of a stolen bicycle on Winter Street.
- A report stated that a dog was attacked by a coyote. Animal control advised the PD as they were responding to other calls. By the time officers arrived the dog had succumbed to injury. Animal control assisted the removal.
- Officer Beloin assisted with a report of a harassment. Beloin spoke with the man involved and advised him to stay away.
September 1, 2023
- The CVS property manager found a red bike and filed a report. He plans to hold onto it until the owner retrieves it.
- Caller reports a red/brown chihuahua running between houses and on the road on East Main. Officers find the dog but are unable to catch.
- Walk-in reports illegal dumping near her home on Main Street.
- Officers Beloin and LaTour assist a woman who believes there was a person in her apartment. The two officers check to make sure the apartment was clear.
September 2, 2023
- A report of a man selling canoes and bicycles on Pond Street came in over the phone. The caller was concerned someone would hit him. Officer Diaz checks in with man and he informs Diaz he was moving his canoe from one side to the other and that everything was all set.
- Man calls to see if anyone turned in his navy blue duffle bag with clothes that fell into the road after accidentally driving away with the bag on the top of his truck.
- A caller reports suspicious activity of a Kia Solo driving slowly down the road and taking pictures.
September 3, 2023
- A woman requests officers check her house after finding the door unlocked and opened. Officers Diaz and Schofield check and the house was clear.
- Walk-in reports she found someones pills on the trail near Granite. A report was taken.
- A 911 caller reported concern for her husband and kids that went down to the Cape to fish and have not returned yet. She was expecting them to be home a lot earlier.
- Officer Normandin responds to a call of a possible intoxicated driver on Spring Street. Normandin was unable to locate the driver.
September 4, 2023
- 911 caller reports her friend was involved in a single car accident. No injuries were reported, however a speed limit sign had been taken down in the crash.
- Officer O’Neil assists a deer struggling in the roadway. The deer was moved to the side.
- A vehicle complaint declares an individual was driving on the wrong side of the road on Main Street. Officer Normandin responded but was unable to find a vehicle matching the description.