In this week’s blotter: an unidentified cat in a basement, burned steak causes alarm and a very busy day on January 13.
January 9, 2023
- Officer Brooks took a report from a Chamberlain Street caller that there was a construction vehicle aggressively tailgating her. She spoke to the construction site supervisor but wanted the incident logged.
- Officer Normandin responded to a Elm Street caller who reported her vehicle was struck in a parking lot.
- A walk-in reported that their license plate was stolen. Officer LaTour took a report and entered the plate into NCIC as stolen.
January 10, 2023
- Officer Ekross took a report from a West Main Street caller who reported that they struck a deer. The deer was okay, and there was some damage to the vehicle.
- Officer O’Neill discovered that the traffic lights on Main Street were not cycling property. DPW was notified.
- A West Main Street property owner reported that a U-Haul truck had been parked on their property for over a week. The caller was advised to contact U-Haul, or have the vehicle towed.
- Property checks were done at Center School and Fruit Street Fields. All was well.
January 11, 2023
- Officer Brooks helped a walk-in with a phone he found in the roadway.
- Multiple officers responded to a complaint on Ash Street of loitering youths.
- Multiple officers responded to a vehicle crash on South Street. A written warning was issued to the operator.
- Officer Davis took a report from a delivery driver that had been bitten by a dog on Hopkins Road. Animal Control was advised.
January 12, 2023
- An overnight parking ban violation was issued on Alexander Rd.
- Officer Proctor took a report from a caller who found a cat in her basement. Whether the cat is hers is unknown. Animal Control was notified.
- A Main Street employee reported that a car had been left in their lower lot for multiple days. Officer Schofield spoke with the owner, who reported they would be picking the car up later that day.
- A Cedar Street caller reported that there was a tree on wires. Officer Schofield responded and determined it was not a hazard.
- A Chamberlain Street caller reported that concrete trucks were speeding. Officer Schofield responded and checked the area with a negative find.
- Multiple Legacy Farms callers reported a motor vehicle crash. Officers responded and no personal injuries were reported.
- Officer LaTour assisted the Fire Department with an alarm activation on Trevor Lane. The caller stated that there was an odor but that they had cooked steaks that night.
January 13, 2023
- A caller reported there was a cat stuck in a basement on Wood Street. Officer Proctor responded and notified Animal Control.
- A caller reported a hit and run on Lumber Street.
- A walk-in reported fraud on Dicarlo Road. Officer Staback helped take the report.
- Multiple officers assisted the Middlesex Sheriff with a criminal summon.
- A caller reported suspicious activity on Hayden Rowe Street. Officer Santoro responded and took a report.
- A caller reported an erratic driver on DJ Murphy Lane. Multiple officers checked the area with a negative find.
- A caller reported his ex-girlfriend was not letting him into the house to gather his belongings. Officer Ekross spoke with the involved and explained that it was a civil matter.
- A caller reported a group of high school kids throwing rocks at her car at the CVS. No injuries or damage were reported, but the caller wanted the incident logged. Officer Cifuentes took the report.
- A 911 caller reported seeing a man walking towards her house on Claflin Avenue and was worried that he was going to break in. Multiple officers checked the area and spoke with the caller’s son.
- A caller on Eastview Road reported seeing a man walk up to the house and try and open the door. Multiple officers checked the area with a negative find.
- Multiple officers responded to a call reporting male parties acting suspiciously on Aspen Way. The officers spoke with the caller, who showed the footage. The parties were determined to most likely be solicitors.
- Officer Ekross responded to a caller reporting a vehicle parked in front of their house on Benson Road. The area was checked with a negative find.
January 14, 2023
- Officer Davis responded to a complaint about a dog bite on Maple Street. Animal Control was notified.
- A caller on Thayer Heights Road reported that there was a power line running through a tree that kids were playing on. He requested that Eversource be called to see if the contention could be put back underground for safety reasons. Officer McKeon took the report.
- Multiple officers assisted the DMV with a car removal on Main Street.
- Westboro PD called to report an erratic driver coming into town. Multiple units were out looking for the vehicle but were unable to locate it.
- A caller reported kids driving in circles dangerously. Multiple officers responded and spoke with the kids.
- A walk-in turned in a wallet that was found at a ski resort. Officer Savant took the report.
January 15, 2023
- Multiple officers assisted the Fire Department with an alarm activation on Constitution Court. It was a false alarm.
- A caller reported a trash bag full of trash in the roadway on I-495. Officer LaTour responded and checked the area with a negative find.
- Multiple officers responded to a car accident on Wood Street. No injuries were reported.
- Multiple officers conducted a motor vehicle check for passenger restriction. The parents were spoken to and a verbal warning was distributed.
January 16, 2023
- Officer Grimley responded to a road hazard on South Street. A shovel was picked up in the middle of the road.
- Officer Grimley issued a parking warning on Daniel Shays Road.
- Officer Schofield issued a parking warning on Whirty Circle.
- A caller reported a vehicle in a ditch and the guardrail scattered throughout the road on South Street. Multiple officers responded and no personal injuries were reported.
- A caller reported a vehicle had hit their car on 3rd Road. Officer Ekross responded and reported no personal injuries.
- A walk-in reported a lost Indian passport. Officer Brooks logged the incident.
- A caller on Victory Lane reported water was shooting up from the soil and causing a flood in front of her house. The Water Department was notified.
- Upton PD reported an erratic vehicle that went off the road and into an embarkment on Dicarlo Road. Multiple officers responded and checked the area with a negative find.
- Multiple officers responded to a motor vehicle accident on Ash Street. No report was needed, and there was minimal damage.