In addition to the fallen trees from last week’s storm, the police receive alerts of family members that did not return home, and look out for those turkeys!
August 8, 2023:
- Caller reported her neighborhood having trouble with wild turkeys attacking people and no one doing anything about it. A message was left with animal control.
- A 911 caller reported her husband has not returned home from testing at Quest Diagnostics in Westborough. The Westborough PD responded and the husband returned home.
- Officer Santoro assisted a caller regarding ID theft.
- Officer Staback spoke with a caller reporting a PayPal scam regarding a rental home in New Hampshire. The caller was advised to contact security through PayPal and report to Meredith Police.
- Man reports he installed carpets for a resident on Barbara Rd and she has blocked him in her driveway and won’t let him out.
August 9, 2023:
- 911 caller reports someone rang her doorbell then stated she saw a white object on her front lawn. Officer Walker spoke with the homeowners and believes it was kids. Walker checked the neighborhood and concluded a negative find.
- Caller reports a garden snake in the house. Animal control was advised.
- Report of a man walking around Walcott Valley Dr with a BB gun that looks like a rifle. He had a target set up by the park. Officers LaTour and Normandin checked in at the residence but did not find anyone in the area matching the description.
- Single car accident on Front St. Two men received facial injuries.
August 10, 2023
- 911 caller reports a large animal fell through her pool cover and is unable to get out. Officers McKeon, McNeil and Proctor say that the pool owner did not care if they had to rip the pool cover off. The animal eventually gets out and call to animal control was cancelled.
- A women calls 911 when she believes someone is breaking into her house. She was in the basement office. Officers Beloin, Bennett, McKeon and McNeil respond and the woman goes upstairs to speak to them. The person stands down and clears up the misunderstanding.
August 11, 2023
- A 911 caller reports a smoke and fire alarm going off. Officer Diaz responds and no smoke or fire was seen.
- Walk in reported someone took a trip using her airline miles.
- Caller reported a green Lamborghini speeding down the street.
August 12, 2023
- Officers Burchard, Diaz, Walker and Wright respond to a party reporting her missing 17 year old daughter who hadn’t returned home yet. The daughter later returned to the residence.
- Caller reports water bubbling up from the ground at the ball field. Officer Ekross assists and finds water pipe in left field. The water department was informed.
- Officers Ekross and Staback respond to a report of an erratic operator on Main St. The caller stated that the driver was swerving and close to hitting a few mailboxes. The officers noticed no signs of impairment and the driver explained they were just avoiding the potholes and manhole covers.