Today is graduation day for Hopkinton High School, and tomorrow at 10:00 AM the town will host the 4th annual HHS Car Parade. Beginning at 9:30 AM, cars will queue in the high school parking lot and then follow this route:
- Left turn out of the high school on to Hayden Rowe Street
- Right turn onto Park Street
- Right turn onto Ash Street
- Right turn on to Chestnut Street
- Right turn back onto Hayden Rowe Street, returning to the high school
The parade is expected to last until 11:00 AM and residents are encouraged to come out to cheer on the Class of 2023.
Main Street Advisory
For the week of June 5 – 9 the crews will be installing conduit for site lighting from the Muffin House to Ash Street. The work will take place in the excavated sidewalk area. Crews will also be resetting the curb in that area and raising structures (catch basins and manholes) for the electrical and communications components.
On the West side of the project the crews will continue with sidewalk installation and finishing retaining walls a 2 West Main and 5 West Main.
Eversource will also be onsite to pull underground wiring.
Working hours are from 7:00 AM to 3:00 PM with detours employed throughout the week.
Highway Manager Mike Mansir wishes to inform the town that the 2023 Pavement Management project is tentatively scheduled to begin after July 4. The following streets will be resurfaced this year:
- Appaloosa Circle – full length
- Breakneck Hill Road – full length
- Gibbon Road – full length
- Glen Road – from Lumber Street to Breakneck Hill Road
- Ridge Road – full length
Residents are advised to expect delays and to seek alternate routes during the work.