The Hopkinton Select Board had a full agenda last night. Read the minutes here, and below is a summary of the actions taken.
- The Select Board unanimously approved the Consent Agenda, which:
- Accepted the resignations of:
- Patricia Srodawa from the Council on Aging, effective December 31, 2022
- Linda Muri from the Veteran’s Celebration Committee
- Approved a Parade Permit application from the Hoyt Foundation for the first Dick Hoyt Memorial 5 mile Road Race to be held on May 27, 2023 at 10:00 AM.
- Assigned one invitational entry for the 127th Boston Marathon to Hopkinton Team Freedom Inc, Hopkinton PTO, and Hopkinton Women’s Club. The BAA has made 3 additional Invitational Entries available to the town. These three organizations applied for and were randomly unsuccessful when the Town conducted random distribution.
Board & Committee Appointments
- The Select Board unanimously approved the appointment of Keerthinka Deepala to the Cultural Council, to a term expiring December 20, 2025.
- The Select Board unanimously approved the appointment of Randall Kramer to the Veterans Celebration Committee, to a term expiring June 30, 2025.
- The Select Board confirmed the appointment of Ayako Barnum as Senior Library Assistant. (5-0)
- The Select Board renewed the Alcoholic Beverages License for Hopkinton Tennis & Swim Club.
- The Select Board continued the public hearing regarding new utility poles on Clinton Street, and approved the petition and layout with the condition that there be no double poles.
- The Select Board authorized the Town Manager to execute a Power Purchase Agreement with Solect Energy related to canopy photovoltaic projects at the Middle and High Schools.
- The Select Board appointed Nicholas Walker as a Police Officer for the Town of Hopkinton. (5-0)